Is there any reputable auto water change equipment

Des Westcott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my reef-pi doing AWC for me.

Disables my ATO, pumps water out the last compartment of my sump till it triggers a float switch to protect the return pump. Then fill sea water from container until the normal running level float switch is triggered. Then turns AWC of and ATO back on.

acrum222

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's what I did. Got 2 brs dosers that run 50mls/minute. Pull from the opposite side of where my ato is at. Hooked both dosers to the same timer to they turn on and off at the same time. Pull fresh from a 12 gallon bucket and return bad to a 5 gallon bucket. And changing a gallon a day. Run it twice a day for 38 minutes. Been running great for a week. Might start upping the amount here soon. Ignore my terrible cable management. Lol
IMG_20200125_162734.jpg
IMG_20200125_162738.jpg

reefloat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most certainly and from a nano to a large aquarium made by a company called Reefloat.

I have sold many to US customers and the only issue is shipping costs with an average of £50 -£80, they are not mass produced and each one is built as a one off and designed to last

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have sold many to US customers and the only issue is shipping costs with an average of £50 -£80, they are not mass produced and each one is built as a one off and designed to last
I have a Reefloat AWC and like many I wouldn't be without it. So much less hassle, no carrying buckets of water back and forth, no more wet floors. Simple to set up and ease of use.

Bestshooter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The AWC autoaqua water change system is good for smaller tanks. It has 3 pumps including the one for auto top off. The auto top off is shut off while the water change is happening.
I got this and can’t wait to try on my biocube 32 ❤️

Bill333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. One popular choice is using the DOS with an Apex. The Genisys Renew has also been around for a while. You could also get an industrial type peristaltic pump like a Masterflex that can run multiple heads with one motor.
I've been interested in the Genesys Renew also. Their web site says they're out of stock on all their products, and my attempts to email them have received no reply. As it happens, the address listed on their web site is in the same town that I live in, so I drove over there. It's a storefront in a shopping plaza. The space was completely empty with a 'For Lease' sign on the window. It's possible the people behind the company decided to close the office and work from home, but it doesn't look good.

CK00020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know about the reef genesis, aa is not an option currently, so which model stenner is anyone using, needs to be a adjustable rate? Or could you just run it on a timer

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here in the UK a small company makes the best auto water changer on the market called Reefloat they also make very good ATUs Both very popular and they send them all over the world.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Auto Aqua is awesome and can handle any size tank so long as you're not trying to push water with excessive head pressure. The beauty of the AA is it also comes with the ATO and they work together so there's no errors. Like a separate ATO topping off during a water change. I mix my reservoir salt a tad bit saltier to offset skimming and acclimating corals and fish, but by and large my system's salinity is pegged at 35 ppt.
Yep! I have one and love it!

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the autoaqua. I’ve been running mine for close to a year now. Best investment I’ve made for my tank

ArmyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use two Versa pumps that have very long runs. They go up 15 feet, over 40 feet, and back down 15 feet. I change 2 gallons a day continuous. My dirty water gets pulled from the skimmer chamber and my clean water gets dosed into the return chamber. I check calibration once a month, never had an issue.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back