Is there anyone interested in helping to run the club?

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just throwing out a post to see if we can generate enough interest in people who want to run the club. I think the club has possibilities but it will take a full board of directors to get things up and running. The club has some funds to get things going. I'm certain various fish stores as well as schools with Marine aquaculture programs would be happy to host meetings. What we need are some people who are willing to put in a little bit of time to organize and move things along. You don't have to be an experienced reefer to be on the board you just have to be willing to put in some time to make things happen. It would be great if we could get this off the ground and going.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very interested in this club and will do whatever it takes to get it up and running as time allows.
Up to and including to volunteer as president. Of coarse, with your vote..
I have been in this club since the very early 2000s in the restart minus a few years when my tank was shut down. I had so much fun in the earlier as I am willing to do whatever it takes to get this back up and running.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kgstei

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very interested in this club and will do whatever it takes to get it up and running as time allows.
Up to and including to volunteer as president. If coarse, with your vote.
Got my vote

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to help out something together at one point but I feel like everyone doesn't have the same energy. We need people who are going to push and move this forward. I've seen this get started and not get anywhere. I've asked about this before and have gotten no answers. Are we finally going to push this forward or what

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to help out something together at one point but I feel like everyone doesn't have the same energy. We need people who are going to push and move this forward. I've seen this get started and not get anywhere. I've asked about this before and have gotten no answers. Are we finally going to push this forward or what
I have a couple conservations with a couple members about a couple months ago.

What I got out of it was basically there is no traffic here. Without traffic it's really hard to get anything started.
I don't have any way to get a hold of people to even get the traffic started.
The best thing we can do is tell people to check in at least once or twice a week here or on the fb page. Hopefully we can get enough traffic to get something going.

OP
OP
kgstei

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the energy and the attitude that the club needs. But it will definitely take a team with the same attitude.

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just need to get it started and keep pushing. Everyone has to match energies. I've seen nothing but excuses as to why we can't have something running. I get we all don't live close by but come on now. There's technology. We can also do meetings closer to be fair for others who can't travel as far. Sometimes gotta give. I came into this hobby almost 2 years ago and had to do all my own research. Hard to get guidance and I feel like the group should be welcoming newcomers and helping them get things right so they can enjoy the hobby and not give up when things go bad or when they're given false info. I've been lucky to meet some great people like John Metaxas and Hani. We can just start with who we have and the rest will follow.

chevy4w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back when CTARS was holding meetings at the Lutz Museum once a month there never was a large turnout but they were sure enjoyable getting together for a presentation, raffle, and just plain comradery with other folks in this hobby. I sure miss them. But they were always held at the museum on Sunday evening and so folks who lived a good distance didn't come, I don't blame them. We had a great BOD at the time. But like I said only people who lived in the general area(less than a 45 minute or so ride)would attend. So, at this particular time I don't think physical meetings is even possible and I wonder if they will be again. The idea of holding meetings in different parts of the state every month to try to accommodate all reefers is never going to happen. Just my opinion on that. You won't get enough people to step up to the plate to organize a meeting. What would you need, 4-5 volunteers to run these meetings monthly? We can't even get a BOD at this time!
Having said all this I think the best option, at this time, is to hold virtual meetings like was done previous. But I don't think these meetings should always be about reviving CTARS. We should have a topic and have some good conversation and enjoy each others company even if it's virtually.(for now)We can even try to get someone to do a presentation like was done with Marc Levenson from Melev's Reef. Something is better than nothing!
These are my thoughts on CTARS coming back to life in some capacity.
Bill

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back when CTARS was holding meetings at the Lutz Museum once a month there never was a large turnout but they were sure enjoyable getting together for a presentation, raffle, and just plain comradery with other folks in this hobby. I sure miss them. But they were always held at the museum on Sunday evening and so folks who lived a good distance didn't come, I don't blame them. We had a great BOD at the time. But like I said only people who lived in the general area(less than a 45 minute or so ride)would attend. So, at this particular time I don't think physical meetings is even possible and I wonder if they will be again. The idea of holding meetings in different parts of the state every month to try to accommodate all reefers is never going to happen. Just my opinion on that. You won't get enough people to step up to the plate to organize a meeting. What would you need, 4-5 volunteers to run these meetings monthly? We can't even get a BOD at this time!
Having said all this I think the best option, at this time, is to hold virtual meetings like was done previous. But I don't think these meetings should always be about reviving CTARS. We should have a topic and have some good conversation and enjoy each others company even if it's virtually.(for now)We can even try to get someone to do a presentation like was done with Marc Levenson from Melev's Reef. Something is better than nothing!
These are my thoughts on CTARS coming back to life in some capacity.
Bill
Absolutely right it's dead and to even out focus into bringing it back is ridiculous. They tried before and after and buying worked. Like I said i can care less who comes once a few people come others will follow. But If we do nothing no one is gonna come and all this will just be an idea and that's just it

VictoriaW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just throwing out a post to see if we can generate enough interest in people who want to run the club. I think the club has possibilities but it will take a full board of directors to get things up and running. The club has some funds to get things going. I'm certain various fish stores as well as schools with Marine aquaculture programs would be happy to host meetings. What we need are some people who are willing to put in a little bit of time to organize and move things along. You don't have to be an experienced reefer to be on the board you just have to be willing to put in some time to make things happen. It would be great if we could get this off the ground and going.
I’d be happy to help and or host. Looking for anyone who’d like to come visit and help me set up a brand new Apex. I am cycling a red sea max E260.
Victoria

Attachments

• EF2EFBC3-875E-47B0-B59A-F738F42342DE.jpeg
    EF2EFBC3-875E-47B0-B59A-F738F42342DE.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 18

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back