Is there anything you dose for coral food?

Fritz

Arcticfirefighter

View Badges
Reaction score
As the title says, is there anything you are currently dosing your corals with, and if yes, what?

Do you feel like it makes a difference?

I just started feeding Reef Energy a month ago and it feels a bit underwhelming.
I dose Redsea Reef Energy Plus AB+ and Area 51 Phytoplankton daily. Not real sure it does much; however, I have noticed that my softies are more "plump" and Polyps extended more if I dose the Phyto. I only have one SPS and it's growing like crazy. That SPS is directly under a Gen 5 XR15 Pro, so that may have something to do with it too. You will get some people who say yes dosing is a must, and others that say it's not necessary. Kind of personal opinion I guess and how it effects your tank. Good luck to you!

OP
josvanmeer

josvanmeer

View Badges
Reaction score
I dose Redsea Reef Energy Plus AB+ and Area 51 Phytoplankton daily. Not real sure it does much; however, I have noticed that my softies are more "plump" and Polyps extended more if I dose the Phyto. I only have one SPS and it's growing like crazy. That SPS is directly under a Gen 5 XR15 Pro, so that may have something to do with it too. You will get some people who say yes dosing is a must, and others that say it's not necessary. Kind of personal opinion I guess and how it effects your tank. Good luck to you!

I think the light is more responsible for growth in my tank than anything.
I am building a new setup and bought the reefbreeders photon v2+ for it so I hope that will yield good results. Maybe mix with t5 down the road.

Would you be interested in seeing the Reef of the Month come back?

• YES

Votes: 484 94.7%
  • NO

Votes: 23 4.5%
  • Other (please explain in the thread)

Votes: 4 0.8%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
TSM Aquatics