Is there anything you dose for coral food?

josvanmeer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title says, is there anything you are currently dosing your corals with, and if yes, what?

Do you feel like it makes a difference?

I just started feeding Reef Energy a month ago and it feels a bit underwhelming.

Arcticfirefighter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title says, is there anything you are currently dosing your corals with, and if yes, what?

Do you feel like it makes a difference?

I just started feeding Reef Energy a month ago and it feels a bit underwhelming.
I dose Redsea Reef Energy Plus AB+ and Area 51 Phytoplankton daily. Not real sure it does much; however, I have noticed that my softies are more "plump" and Polyps extended more if I dose the Phyto. I only have one SPS and it's growing like crazy. That SPS is directly under a Gen 5 XR15 Pro, so that may have something to do with it too. You will get some people who say yes dosing is a must, and others that say it's not necessary. Kind of personal opinion I guess and how it effects your tank. Good luck to you!

OP
OP
josvanmeer

josvanmeer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose Redsea Reef Energy Plus AB+ and Area 51 Phytoplankton daily. Not real sure it does much; however, I have noticed that my softies are more "plump" and Polyps extended more if I dose the Phyto. I only have one SPS and it's growing like crazy. That SPS is directly under a Gen 5 XR15 Pro, so that may have something to do with it too. You will get some people who say yes dosing is a must, and others that say it's not necessary. Kind of personal opinion I guess and how it effects your tank. Good luck to you!

I think the light is more responsible for growth in my tank than anything.
I am building a new setup and bought the reefbreeders photon v2+ for it so I hope that will yield good results. Maybe mix with t5 down the road.

Back