Is there such thing as “tank regret”?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of bigger salt manufacturers have made releases stating that the cost of salt will be going up by almost 1/3 of current price. Many LFS are fighting back. And the rumour is this is all thanks to “covid inflation”. Example, bucket of instant ocean 5gal pale size (160 gallon of salt mix) is going up by approximately $30.

I’m surprised I haven’t seen much news of this on Reef2reef.... although a lot of local reefers or now spreading the word.

It sucks....and seems like a cash grabbing scam.
Oh this is gunna be great if instant ocean goes up in price then I won’t have to hear how great the salt is anymore by the people who only buy it cause it’s the cheapest. Now people will actually try other salts when it’s priced close to the other better IMO salts. People won’t pay 90$ for bucket of it and still deal with the brown crude it comes with

smiley28

Hectorj
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why 120gallon tank should be listed as starter tanks. In the long run people would spend less money and stay with the 1 tank. :)
The owner of an LFS that I would visit 5-6 times a week the first couple years into the hobby would always say “hey I think nanos should be left to people with a bit more experience”.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back