Is there such thing as “tank regret”?

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my AIO Biocube but I’m wishing I started off larger. I love the whole AIO type of tank setup. Of course it’s too late to get a new tank now with how much I invested in my 32g. Just curious if this is normal. Under no circumstance am I interested in managing two tanks; getting a second tank is out of the question. I’m starting to wish I started with at least a 75 gallon.

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my AIO Biocube but I’m wishing I started off larger. I love the whole AIO type of tank setup. Of course it’s too late to get a new tank now with how much I invested in my 32g. Just curious if this is normal. Under no circumstance am I interested in managing two tanks; getting a second tank is out of the question. I’m starting to wish I started with at least a 75 gallon.

My first tank was/is a 20g cube. I think it's fantastic. The ease of maintenance, speed and ease of water changes etc etc, no need for a skimmer or any fancy $$ doodads. Can really put it anywhere in the house. I consider it a perfect tank for me at this time and have no regrets and am actually surprised that I made a good decision for once. LOL
My plan is to eventually , probably a year from now, get a larger tank but that's mainly because of the fish I want to keep. Who knows, I may decide I don't need to go larger but for now I'll enjoy the learning process and my little fish.

Ricksreeefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's interesting because I love my 25g more than my 130g! I really want just one more 15g! :p

reefinatl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ripped through 20/39/55/75/90 annually when I started out. The equipment costs leaping from a 90 to 180-220 is what made me stop. Eventually though it'll happen.

OP
OP
mistergray

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I regretted my first tank so a year later I bought a new tank. It's almost the one year mark for the new tank and I'm wishing I'd bought a different tank. One year itch?
Lol!!! Did I read that right!? You regretted one tank and then got a other tank and then hated that and now want another one!?! You make me feel so much better.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had it when I moved my 8ft 400g into my basement! I was like OMG this is too big!

OP
OP
mistergray

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first tank was/is a 20g cube. I think it's fantastic. The ease of maintenance, speed and ease of water changes etc etc, no need for a skimmer or any fancy $$ doodads. Can really put it anywhere in the house. I consider it a perfect tank for me at this time and have no regrets and am actually surprised that I made a good decision for once. LOL
My plan is to eventually , probably a year from now, get a larger tank but that's mainly because of the fish I want to keep. Who knows, I may decide I don't need to go larger but for now I'll enjoy the learning process and my little fish.
I need to have that mindset but….

Lol! I want bigger and shinier.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back