Is this a baby shrimp or something bad?

Arain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was cleaning out my tank and in the filter was this clear & orange shrimp looking thing. It’s only 2 from the water I poured out from the filter. Never seen them before so have no clue what they could be. Clear with a few patches of orange mostly in their center.

also, there is a full blown pineapple sponge explosion in my filter. I have the Marineland 220 so when I went to pull all the layers out everything was covered in the sponges. The bottom layer is a black thick sponge that’s scrub daddy material and that had the sponges all in it too. Should I be concerned?

41571999-1099-40A2-A31F-33A21207E130.jpeg 3525A0D3-B88F-4B3C-BDB7-E380905EDE23.jpeg

OP
OP
Arain

Arain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like an amphipod which is good! Regarding the sponges, keep them they’re good filter feeders and decrease in number over time.
Oh nice. Thanks. I got kinda creeped out doing my filter cleaning. I ended up not even changing the media . There were tons of pineapples and tons of some other pods all in the filter too.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen similar floating around my tank and assumed they were pods , but they almost look like baby hermit crabs without shells .

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh nice. Thanks. I got kinda creeped out doing my filter cleaning. I ended up not even changing the media . There were tons of pineapples and tons of some other pods all in the filter too.
There are tons of creepy things in every tank .
These little guys are the least of your worries

look into your tank after lights out . You might not sleep much the first few nights lol

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back