Is this a good deal on Red Sea reefer xl 425

graffitireef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I have a chance to get a Red Sea reefer xl 425 system. It’s 88gal, comes with all the stock components and a decent fluorescent hybrid light and some coral and fish. It’s 2 years old, no scratches or anything. Guy asking $1200. Is this a bargain or nah? Thanks!!!

OP
OP
graffitireef

graffitireef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it looks good in person sounds like a great deal. That tank alone is 2500 new. Do you mean a T5 fixture?
Thanks. Yes it's a T5 hybrid fixture so it has slots to mount led's. I ended up getting it and the guy threw in a TON of freebies that alone are worth over $1k. I got some nice fish including a decent sized yellow tang, storm clown, and foxface. 2 Large Favia colony's Ive yet to ID, a couple pieces of LR covered in zoa's. 2 baby rose bubble tip nems, some crazy neon green and red orange mushrooms, a large leather coral. The only problem with the coral and LR is its covered in hair algae which Ill be remedying soon once I get the medication I ordered. He gave me a ton of LR from Fiji, some huge Tonga branches. Salt, reactors. Hanna testers.I mean I could probably make my money back and then some with all the free stuff he gave me. I cant wait to post this along with my nano tank progress.

Speaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Yes it's a T5 hybrid fixture so it has slots to mount led's. I ended up getting it and the guy threw in a TON of freebies that alone are worth over $1k. I got some nice fish including a decent sized yellow tang, storm clown, and foxface. 2 Large Favia colony's Ive yet to ID, a couple pieces of LR covered in zoa's. 2 baby rose bubble tip nems, some crazy neon green and red orange mushrooms, a large leather coral. The only problem with the coral and LR is its covered in hair algae which Ill be remedying soon once I get the medication I ordered. He gave me a ton of LR from Fiji, some huge Tonga branches. Salt, reactors. Hanna testers.I mean I could probably make my money back and then some with all the free stuff he gave me. I cant wait to post this along with my nano tank progress.
Sounds good. I had a similar thing happen with my 750xxl. I love big package tank deals.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back