Is this a hitchhiker or part of my goniopora?

Kremis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. I have a frag coming Friday that has something similar

65BB49F8-9CFE-402B-ABE1-818EEA7EC0F9.jpeg
Thats what new growths from the cloves can look like, my colonies always had stuff looking like that in them

New to the forum/reefing and I could use some help. I recently picked up a ora red goniopora. It was bayer and seachem dipped prior to entering the aquarium but I did not remount the frag. Do goniopora have sweeper tentacles like this or is it a hitchhiker? It's only on the one side of the frag attached at the base of the plug frag junction. I thought maybe aptasia but they dont look like that at the base to me. What is your opinion?
20200623_125621.jpg

20200623_125621.jpg
bryopsis

OP
OP
E

EddyEOD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is not bryopsis from what i can tell. I think it may be ahnfeltia.

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesnt but the goni sure does when I get close. It reminds me of staghorn algae in freshwater without the branching structure. I tooth brushed it and tried not to get the goni but its ****** none the less. Missed 2 testicles apparently and cant seem to grip them with tweezers. I'm going to let the goni rest and see what comes of it.

Still hope for an ID from someone.
Autocorrect ftw

SHNICI

Well-Known Member and Coral Cabin owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hydroids my friends x
I have few colonies of them in separate boxes. Are the tentacles still there ? and are they like the flexible tubes of some of the feather duster worms (a bit soft I mean, you can bend them a bit)?
I bet it's hydroids.

Back