Is this a nudibranch?

Jvesche20

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this when I got home. It was on a zoa plug. Drip acclimating right now I’ll have to dip to see if there’s more. Under the blue lights the legs appear to be orange

04FDBF83-8D0A-41E3-83D1-23209676D37C.jpeg 4EB1AD49-5DBE-45F3-9EDB-FA97531027B6.jpeg

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your tank is fully stocked and that is a 10 dollar frag I would not say a word if you tossed it in the trash.

But with that said you do need to figure out a solution for any new frags. So may as well start with this one?

OP
OP
Jvesche20

Jvesche20

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your tank is fully stocked and that is a 10 dollar frag I would not say a word if you tossed it in the trash.

But with that said you do need to figure out a solution for any new frags. So may as well start with this one?
That’s what I was thinking. I removed my other frags from this one. Had like 4 or 5 frags sitting together for like 20 mins before I realized what it was. I have $100/pp zoas that were acclimating together so I just hope they didn’t attach to that one in 20 mins. Big loss has 2 heads so far

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Jvesche20

Jvesche20

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$10 I would get rid of it. You do see there are more than 1 nubi in the photo
Oh yes I see them. There was 2 types of zoas on the rock. I fragged the entire thing and picked 2 heads that looked the cleanest with nothing on it. Is this a good or bad idea? I put it in my tank and the rest is just sitting in a cup.
Because the pic you took is the spitting image of one. No doubt in my mind.

And that frag could be covered in eggs in a circular small pattern

Should I toss out what I cut?

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well like I said... a frag can contain eggs. You would have to follow a qt process to be safe.

Me? I would toss it. I might get flack here for saying that but that is what I would do personally. I guess it is the lazy way out.

OP
OP
Jvesche20

Jvesche20

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well like I said... a frag can contain eggs. You would have to follow a qt process to be safe.

Me? I would toss it. I might get flack here for saying that but that is what I would do personally. I guess it is the lazy way out.
I tossed it I don’t have proper QT for a $10 frag. I have prob $1000 in zoas not gonna risk it. Do I have to worry that I had it in my tank for an hour? Don’t think it’s an issue cause the eggs haven’t hatched if there are some

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both are aolid nudies (along with the monti eating ones). If you found it amongst zoos then most likely that’s because it was eating them.

OP
OP
Jvesche20

Jvesche20

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both are aolid nudies (along with the monti eating ones). If you found it amongst zoos then most likely that’s because it was eating them.
Okay thanks I ditched the frag. I’ve had nudies before and took out an entire frag tank of montis before I knew what they were. Almost wiped out my DT montis also.

seanschaef0408

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny, I grabbed two Zoa frags from them at RAP. All of the sudden this morning they were almost totally gone. I dipped them twice before introducing them. Both of these frags were completely full and open last night. Any ideas?

image.jpg image.jpg

OP
OP
Jvesche20

Jvesche20

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny, I grabbed two Zoa frags from them at RAP. All of the sudden this morning they were almost totally gone. I dipped them twice before introducing them. Both of these frags were completely full and open last night. Any ideas?

image.jpg image.jpg
Which vendor did you get yours from? Frost corals is where I got mine from. Will never purchase from them again. Did you acclimate them?

seanschaef0408

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which vendor did you get yours from? Frost corals is where I got mine from. Will never purchase from them again. Did you acclimate them?
Same place. Frost Corals. I dipped them in SR Aquaristik Coral Defense and Seachem Reef Dip when I got home on Saturday because that was all that I had. I drip acclimated them as well. I've gotten things from them in the past with no issues, but this will be my last time. I picked up some Coral RX today and just finished dipping them. Not really sure what any of these things are, but they all came off of the frags. Some look like little lice or mites and were swimming around in the water, others look like worms and were wiggling around on the bottom of the container, and the larger one on paper towel was moving around similar to a nudibranch, but doesn't look like one from what I can tell. (Ignore the dog hair lol)

Regardless, won't be reintroducing them into my tank nor will I be purchasing from them again.

IMG_6933.jpg IMG_4247.jpg IMG_2846.jpg

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

image.jpg image.jpg
Here's mine lol

20191021_202830.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back