Is this Aiptasia?

Neseem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it's unfortunately Aiptasia. Personally I've used Aiptasia X and reef glue to cover over them after using the Aiptasia X. If it's possible to remove that rock and treat would be even better. This will help prevent any spores from being released into the water. Good luck and Go Red Wings!

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I ended up just pulling the entire rock out. Hopefully that does it!
Maybe. I had a zoa frag with one on and noticed it a few days later. I removed the frag, chopped off the rock with the aip on, job done. Yeah, right. Month later another 2 popped up in DT. Boiled 1 because it was on a pump, puttied over another because it was under an overhang.

HawkeyeDJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning I saw this in my new tank. Probably came in on the CUC I added last weekend. It's about the size of a dime.

20210508_232917.jpg

Took the photo to my LFS and they confirmed it was Aiptasia. They gave me F-Aiptasia to treat it. And so it looks like this now.
20210508_233056.jpg

I'll be pulling this out with next week's water change. In the meantime, I'm vigilant for any more to show up.

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nuke it with a laser ..make you you have full contact time and anhilate it... injecting with hot water,lemon juice,kalk paste ,etc,, will sometimes cause it to spew thousands of spores into the tank...and in a few weeks -they are popping up all over..I had this happen ! you don't want that , trust me...NUKE it now..

Back