Is this an aiptasia?

banghair

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been seeing this thing over the last couple weeks, absolutely doused it in Aiptasia X at least 4 times, I thought I had finally gotten rid of it, I don’t know if it was hiding or what but this thing is huge now. I’m wondering if this is even aiptasia anymore? If so any other ideas besides aiptasia x?

9C8EFE8C-6A26-44A1-9A3B-CF3998702E96.jpeg FE48C958-1F1F-4A76-8AB5-3B73F7F7B235.jpeg

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should hurry before one turns into two and then into four then into 8.. when they start splitting they will infest your tank and plumbing and you will never get them out, best time to get them is the first time you see it.

OP
OP
banghair

banghair

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been seeing this thing over the last couple weeks, absolutely doused it in Aiptasia X at least 4 times, I thought I had finally gotten rid of it, I don’t know if it was hiding or what but this thing is huge now. I’m wondering if this is even aiptasia anymore? If so any other ideas besides aiptasia x?

9C8EFE8C-6A26-44A1-9A3B-CF3998702E96.jpeg FE48C958-1F1F-4A76-8AB5-3B73F7F7B235.jpeg
Hey all, I’ve doused in Aiptasia X again!! If this doesn’t work I’ll try to inquire at my LFS about other options.

OP
OP
banghair

banghair

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should hurry before one turns into two and then into four then into 8.. when they start splitting they will infest your tank and plumbing and you will never get them out, best time to get them is the first time you see it.
Yeah I’ve been trying to kill it with Aiptasia X every time I see it, I thought I finally got it the last time. I don’t know where it was hiding but I watch my tank a lot and never saw it until last night, it’s fricken huge!! I absolutely doused it last night so hopefully it goes away.

Wasabiroot

FW Convert and now Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had good results with lemon juice. If you can get a medical type syringe and inject directly into stalk works well. Also, some aiptasia are born as gigachads and literally can take the punishment. I had a bucket with some live rock and aiptasia from cleaning out my sump that I forgot in the basement for 10 days (ok, work was crazy but I digress) and it sat in the basement for over a week in the dark and the aiptasia were a bit smaller but just fine.

There's a reason they have a reputation lol. You probably have some in your overflow

OP
OP
banghair

banghair

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had good results with lemon juice. If you can get a medical type syringe and inject directly into stalk works well. Also, some aiptasia are born as gigachads and literally can take the punishment. I had a bucket with some live rock and aiptasia from cleaning out my sump that I forgot in the basement for 10 days (ok, work was crazy but I digress) and it sat in the basement for over a week in the dark and the aiptasia were a bit smaller but just fine.

There's a reason they have a reputation lol. You probably have some in your overflow
I’ll check my over flow tomorrow morning as I work late tonight. I think the big guy is finally gone, I guess I’ll know soon.

TopClamSkoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pump it full of aiptasia x. Let it sit for 5 min then suck him out with a turkey blaster. If part of it's flesh still remains then it'll grow back. Whenever I saw remenants of it's flesh I would scrape it off with a sharp object and made sure I sucked up the flesh I dislodged with a turkey blaster.
I'm proud to say that this worked 100% and cured my tank of aiptasia... Took a year of hunting them down every single week to be successful.
You can do it!!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back