OP
A

Aluco

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i couldn't find nitrates and phosphate levels? in my experience.. nems will move until they're happy. never force them to move.. if he is hiding then just leave him... but i would also try to drop some mysis or reef riods in his mouth at least once/twice a week so he can bounce back... wishing the best!
Nitrate 5
Phos 0.2

I feel he got pretty unhappy when I messed with my lighting settings. I've been hands off with him since then to let him do his thing and get the tank more stable for him but I can't even see the top of him, tentacles mouth etc..

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please assist my anemone has been cramed under a rock for about 3 days now. Think he's still alive but this is alarming behavior imo. I feel as though I should intervene here but was hoping to get your thoughts on the matter. Ty!
Age of tank, current parameters and lighting being used?

OP
OP
A

Aluco

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Age of tank, current parameters and lighting being used?
Hey, you and I have discussed this anemone before, same thread, think that was you...
Ph 8.2
Nitrate 5
Phos 0.2
Ammonia 0
Salinity 1.025

Tanks about 3 months old.. still young I know :(

Lights are radion xr15 I believe I got the name right.

I believe it was you who previously said the tank wasn't stable enough and I have since been trying to keep it as stable as I can. Thanks for your help

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, you and I have discussed this anemone before, same thread, think that was you...
Ph 8.2
Nitrate 5
Phos 0.2
Ammonia 0
Salinity 1.025

Tanks about 3 months old.. still young I know :(

Lights are radion xr15 I believe I got the name right.

I believe it was you who previously said the tank wasn't stable enough and I have since been trying to keep it as stable as I can. Thanks for your help
You need an alkalinity test at minimum. It's usually the parameter that needs the most attention. Start with getting that measurement and keep doing what you're doing.

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get some other tests also. If phos is really .2 it's quite high. Guessing you're using API now. Get a salifert or red sea nitrate, phosphate and alkalinity.

OP
OP
A

Aluco

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get some other tests also. If phos is really .2 it's quite high. Guessing you're using API now. Get a salifert or red sea nitrate, phosphate and alkalinity.
So my alk and nitrate is salifert and phos is red sea. Just tested again

Alk- 9.3
Nitrate- 2
Phos- 0.1

This is what they looked like to me in person but tried to get pictures of both nitrate and phos..

Attachments

• 20220817_165039.jpg
    20220817_165039.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 20220817_165134.jpg
    20220817_165134.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 31

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my alk and nitrate is salifert and phos is red sea. Just tested again

Alk- 9.3
Nitrate- 2
Phos- 0.1

This is what they looked like to me in person but tried to get pictures of both nitrate and phos..
That all looks OK. Bring up nitrate to around 10 for some comfort level. Other than that seems like you have the right plan. What state are you from if you don't mind me asking?

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also could skip a water change here or there. Don't want things being too clean. A pouch of chemipure elite could balance the phosphate out also. (Though just an observation, not your problem)

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
California
Too far away from me. I was going to offer up a nem after your tank matured a bit. At least you'd be sure of the health.

OP
OP
A

Aluco

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too far away from me. I was going to offer up a nem after your tank matured a bit. At least you'd be sure of the health.
Hey thanks for the thought. So could he be doing this hiding if he's being annoyed by a cleaner shrimp? I've believed ever since the fish were taken out for qt the cleaner shrimp has been annoying the heck out of the nem..

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thanks for the thought. So could he be doing this hiding if he's being annoyed by a cleaner shrimp? I've believed ever since the fish were taken out for qt the cleaner shrimp has been annoying the heck out of the nem..
Nah. Just feed the shrimp more often if it's an issue.

Garyakala

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe he has bacterial infection and try to get a good position for him to attach. So my answer for you is to get ciprofloxacin medication as soon as possible, and do the treatment I told you to do if you don't want to take him out to the a hospital tank. Once you have the medication, smash it and use a syringe with the same water condition in your main tank and inject directly to it mouth.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back