Is This Black Bug ??

lilopop11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers,

My sps start stn, when i dip them, i saw this .. Its black, small .. like red bug, but black .. when i try to zoom in .. they move and looks like nudi .. any suggestion ? and how to remove them .. thx

IMG_20210718_131322.jpg

Attachments

• VID_20210718_123717.mp4
    52.3 MB

jtone_philthy_aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don’t look like the black bugs I’m currently battling rn. Mine are specifically attacking my lps and softies. They have already killed well over a few thousand dollars worth of corals that I had in my frag system. Super bummed out!!
I have tried so many dips it’s insane I restarted the system 2 times now and completely cleaned the tank out with vinegar and fresh water. I have done the bayer dips/ iodine dips/ revive dip and all of those dips I did well over the recommended amount!! I figured hey if they are gonna kill my stuff anyways then I’m going to do whatever I can possibly do. I still haven’t gotten rid of them. I just got my dr.g’s coral dip in the mail and I’m going to dip literally EVERYTHING in that solution and pray that this kills them. I will probably even do a different dip before actually placing them in that dip. God I hope I beat these things because this is insane!! These things are no joke. I think their are multiple different kinds as well I don’t think all black bugs are the same exact thing. It seems to be that way from all of the different experiences I have been reading into. I know so many people have lost this battle tho! I’m willing to try anything right now screw it! If they are going to kill my stuff either way than im going to continue nuking these things!

this is a terrible pest! I thought other pests were bad!!! Man was I wrong! I thought dinos would be the hardest thing I have faced lol god dang I really am just shocked at these things they don’t die!!!

Isopod80

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they look like this close up? If so, flatworms. If it's a larg scale infestation you may want to try Flatworm Exit. Oops, old post. Hope you figured it out.
1632820164684.png

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back