Is this brown jelly?

MajikalKhat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I received my first torch coral in the mail. When it was in the box I think it was alive and well. After acclimating the torch, I was dipping it and noticed one of the heads was partially dying. I thought it would be fine because the rest of the heads were okay and the skeleton was only showing on half the head. Today I looked at the head and I think it might be brown jelly. I've never had brown jelly before so I'm not sure. Is this brown jelly and if it is what should I do?

possible torch brown jelly.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic, it won't allow me to attach the better picture.

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I received my first torch coral in the mail. When it was in the box I think it was alive and well. After acclimating the torch, I was dipping it and noticed one of the heads was partially dying. I thought it would be fine because the rest of the heads were okay and the skeleton was only showing on half the head. Today I looked at the head and I think it might be brown jelly. I've never had brown jelly before so I'm not sure. Is this brown jelly and if it is what should I do?

possible torch brown jelly.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic, it won't allow me to attach the better picture.
I have had that too many times to count and I would reccomend cutting it off and dipping in iodine or iodide. I mix the two up all the time.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

MajikalKhat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had that too many times to count and I would reccomend cutting it off and dipping in iodine or iodide. I mix the two up all the time.
I don't have much experience with fragging coral, but I'll see if I can get my hands on some iodine. Thank you!

Upvote 0

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back