Is This Bryopsis?

sundog101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell if this is bryopsis or just hair algae.
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG
Thanks!

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree on both counts. Neither of those is something that you want to hesitate on. Emerald crabs for the win for both of those demons. Don't buy one. Buy about 1 for every 3 or 4 gallons. I put 60 in my 200g in 3 weeks and by the 4th week my rocks were clean. The first group of 20 did not make a dent though. I actually only bought them for the bubble algae but then bryopsis broke out bad in my frag tank. Every frag I put into my display got cleaned over the course of a night or 2. I was thinking it was my tangs when I wasn't paying attention. Then one night I was watching and saw the emerald crabs attacking the bryopsis. Now my frag tank is loaded with emerald crabs. I also transferred a bunch to my fowlr and they went to town on dino infestation as well. What more can you ask for?

They don't eat coral but they do bother it sometimes. They also pick in between zoas and clean out the gunk that gets trapped. They do a fantastic job. LA at 5.50 ea in the buy it now pack. I need to post up a thread about this. Just been lazy. but here you go.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back