Is this bubble algae?

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone please confirm what this is, thank you!

I swear to God, just yesterday I was admiring my tank how clean it finally looks and how the GHA is finally starting to subside in most spots. Then I notice a white star fish.

I think cool, I post on here and am told that it's a sort of pest, so this morning I remove two. BTW, I never saw one before in the tank. While doing that I notice in my zoa garden this. I swear, it feels like the highs of reefing don't last long.

Thanks in advance for the identification.
08.02.2021.jpeg

OP
OP
Gaspipe

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
***. I have had some good success removing GHA w/ peroxide. Except for the last time. I burnt the hell out of one of my corals. It still has not recovered and this was done weeks ago.

The last time I dipped the garden in peroxide, a ton of GHA grew on it, I guess I destroyed the good beneficial bacteria.

I think I need to up my CUC. Unfortunately, their numbers declined. Perhaps add an emerald crab, this would be the 3rd. I can't keep crabs for some reason.

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can get to them, they may peel straight off. You may be lucky and won’t see any more. Or you can putty over them or F-aiptasia will do a number on then. Just keep you eyes on the tank and catch them when they are small.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back