Is this clownfish trying to get my brain to host it?

katsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this clownfish trying to get the brain coral to host it?
I just got these two clowns yesterday!
also how long does it take new clowns to eat? They are picking at it but not full eating yet

Attachments

• IMG_5822.MOV
    27.8 MB

fishyjoes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also how long does it take new clowns to eat? They are picking at it but not full eating yet
When I get new fish I don't even bother trying to feed them the first day - too much change going on and they likely won't eat.
If they don't eat after that it could be that they don't like whatever food you're offering. Mine have not learned to eat pellets or flake food at all yet.

OP
OP
katsreef

katsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I get new fish I don't even bother trying to feed them the first day - too much change going on and they likely won't eat.
If they don't eat after that it could be that they don't like whatever food you're offering. Mine have not learned to eat pellets or flake food at all yet.
I tried pellets today and tomorrow I’ll try frozen. They were eating a bit and even had some interest but I think they are still nervous

OP
OP
katsreef

katsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also does anyone know if my clowns will hurt this coral or will it be okay?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Is this clownfish trying to get the brain coral to host it?
If you give the clowns a stick of dynamite, they will try to bond with it - Not the smartest fish but for eating generally within the first day. What foods are you offering ? Brine shrimp is always a good enticer

OP
OP
katsreef

katsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you give the clowns a stick of dynamite, they will try to bond with it - Not the smartest fish but for eating generally within the first day. What foods are you offering ? Brine shrimp is always a good enticer
So is it okay that are hanging out with this coral? The coral doesn’t seem to mind so far.
They have not been in the tank for 24hrs yet. I fed some new life spectrum pellets and they ate a bit, one way more than the other. I’ve seen them all eating copepods though. Tomorrow I’ll feed frozen brine shrimp!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back