Is this coraline Algae or precipitate?

TampaSmitty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to figure out what this growth is. It faces away from my wave makers so probably low flow area. It also close to where I dose fusion 1 & 2 at. Not sure what it is looks like white polka dots coming in. Was wondering if its precipitate or perhaps even a bacteria. Or maybe just coraline. I do have random ones here and there but this spot seems to house the most. Tank is 6 month ish old. With only zoas and parameters near on point with slightly high phosphates at the moment at .2

4829CA7D-4484-4D16-B10C-AF5E6F07E4EA.jpeg

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to figure out what this growth is. It faces away from my wave makers so probably low flow area. It also close to where I dose fusion 1 & 2 at. Not sure what it is looks like white polka dots coming in. Was wondering if its precipitate or perhaps even a bacteria. Or maybe just coraline. I do have random ones here and there but this spot seems to house the most. Tank is 6 month ish old. With only zoas and parameters near on point with slightly high phosphates at the moment at .2

4829CA7D-4484-4D16-B10C-AF5E6F07E4EA.jpeg
Would you repost under white lights?

OP
OP
TampaSmitty

TampaSmitty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are those dead animals?
Not that im aware of, its a growth on the caribsea rock after 6ish months. Hence my original question. . Im not sure what it is but its out of place as far as “something growing” in the tank. Im gona get a microscope here in short order as any hobby I get into I go broke lol. Just thought this growth would already be something y’all would recognize.

OP
OP
TampaSmitty

TampaSmitty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possibly limpets? Maybe even slippers?
Do the spots seem to move at all?
Are they stuck to the rocks?
Definitely not coralline as that only turns white after its dead
They are perminate and are slowly seem to be getting larger. But are still like quarter pinky nail size like miniature zoas is the only comparison to suit I know to say.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a number of white organisms of various sorts in one of my sumps in the dark. Slow growing and no apparent concern, but I don't know what they all were. Sponges were my guess.

Back