Is this cyano?

Nroddot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I was battling dinos for the past month and finally beat it back by dosing vibrant and Microbacter 7.

Shortly after the dinos receded, this green stuff started showing up. It's mostly on the sand and glass, but I am seeing a bit on my rock as well. I've looked at it under a microscope and have no idea what it is. All I can say is that it's definitely not dinos.

1.jpg 2.jpg

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I was battling dinos for the past month and finally beat it back by dosing vibrant and Microbacter 7.

Shortly after the dinos receded, this green stuff started showing up. It's mostly on the sand and glass, but I am seeing a bit on my rock as well. I've looked at it under a microscope and have no idea what it is. All I can say is that it's definitely not dinos.

1.jpg 2.jpg
What does it look like under the microscope?

LxHowler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this after I beat dinos, I just kept up with water changes and care and eventually it went away, although i did then get cyano after that but I'm not sure if that's related to the dino treatment of not. Its growing on glass so id say more than likely green hair algae, ive never had cyano grow on glass

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back