Is this cyano?

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dealt with red cyano a while ago, didn’t add any chemiclean or anything. Went out of town one weekend and came back and it was all gone and now I see this. It’s like a carpet, tried to siphon it out yesterday during a water change and it was very hard to break apart and just clumped together. I know green cyano isn’t as common but I know it’s possible to be green. I also have bubble algae which I’m working to get rid of. Pics are attached below
B1D630A6-BEB2-4DA0-AE8C-C95C9361FC84.jpeg
72141A80-1412-4333-8D35-C8C067DA75CD.jpeg
3F952E8B-8A8E-4713-910C-D8243C4E7BBB.jpeg

OP
OP
Lps_lover12

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately..it looks like dreaded dinos. The little snotty bubbles are the give away. And it is the only thing i know that comes back that fast and hard.
Great…. Even the green carpet slime on the bottom? What are your best ways of beating Dino’s?

NoohpyT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had something similar to your green slime, it was green cyano, reduced my phosphates and it went away

took weeks though, of taking rocks out and hand cleaning this stuff off

OP
OP
Lps_lover12

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had something similar to your green slime, it was green cyano, reduced my phosphates and it went away

took weeks though, of taking rocks out and hand cleaning this stuff off
Weird thing is I’m battling low phosphates and have been for a while. Finally starting to see them get up slowly

NoohpyT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird thing is I’m battling low phosphates and have been for a while. Finally starting to see them get up slowly
I know you can have cyanos with 0 phosphates due to the cyano consuming all of the phospahtes in the water column, manual removing might be your best bet here

resortez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best thing is a good water change with gravel vacuuming. Pull out any debris/detritus seating in your sand bed, underneath rocks, trapped in a filter sock, stuck in an overflow box, filter pad, sponges, reactors, go through your whole system & get rid of any waste, algae loves feeding on waste & thrives on it. Build a weekly or biweekly routine & things will clear up. These aquatic systems respond well when given a routine maintenance & builds a program that will lead to stability. It’s the best thing money can buy, having good husbandry practices & the aquarium will show it to you, it will show you a positive response. The best assistance you can have is a solid clean up crew (CUC), from a variety of hermit crabs, reef safe crabs, variety of snails from turbos to nassarius, sea cucumbers, urchins, serpent stars, shrimps, to a blenny & goby, if your system is large enough to allow a rabbit fish & Ctenochaetus type tang get one of each. Build a solid working group of animals & they will help in keeping things tidy.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back