Is this Dinos?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What is “liquid bacteria” and also would I just clean my filters with distilled water everyday? My tank is also 4 months is that too young to get dinos?
Bacter 7 or similar

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What is “liquid bacteria” and also would I just clean my filters with distilled water everyday? My tank is also 4 months is that too young to get dinos?
I’ve seen many tanks develop Dino in 7 weeks and clean filters with tap to get Dino filaments off

face

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I’ve seen many tanks develop Dino in 7 weeks and clean filters with tap to get Dino filaments off
Never heard of that. I guess its possible if you cycled and then went sterile immediately afterwards still would say very unlikely to be Dino’s at 4months.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Never heard of that. I guess its possible if you cycled and then went sterile immediately afterwards still would say very unlikely to be Dino’s at 4months.
It all has to do with nutrients

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Miguel Negron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with what everyone is saying. You don’t want a clean tank and having dirty water will help

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Dinos is a problem in mature low nutrient tanks.

W R O N G .

Dinos can be present in new tanks...especially tanks that are started off with dry barren rock with plenty of unclaimed surface area for it to grow and take over. Once it is introduced and there is nothing to outcompete it for real estate, it takes over. It doesn't matter how old the tank is. Mature, well established tanks have less of a chance of getting dinos as the rocks are already covered over with coralline, sponges, algaes, etc...

face

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
W R O N G .

Dinos can be present in new tanks...especially tanks that are started off with dry barren rock with plenty of unclaimed surface area for it to grow and take over. Once it is introduced and there is nothing to outcompete it for real estate, it takes over. It doesn't matter how old the tank is. Mature, well established tanks have less of a chance of getting dinos as the rocks are already covered over with coralline, sponges, algaes, etc...

This sounds totally contrary to anything I have ever read. First off new tanks are generally loaded with nutrients (unless they were just sitting there sterile with no cycle) bacteria haven’t really established thus the most agreessive types will win out in bloom(IE the uglies) and thats not going to be Dino’s... SECOND, I’ve spoke with at least 100 people with mature well established tanks that just cant seem to kick Dino’s and many even eventually required a total reboot. The thought is actually that mature tanks are so great at absorbing nutrients that it chokes out healthy bacteria and allows Dino’s to take over. This I have come across TIME AND TIME again.

Back