Is this enough? Custom hybrid T5 LED what do you think?

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a custom tank build. I will make a build thread eventually but am just gathering equipment at the moment. The tank will be a mixed reef that measures 72"L x 30"W x 24"T. I will want SPS in this tank.

I have recently purchased a custom made 8 bulb x54W 72" T5 fixture. It measures approximately 16 inches across with an approximate 7.5 inch gap in the middle where LEDS will be placed. I will be placing 3 Kessil A360WE's in the unit. I have purchased some used for a great deal.

Light will be placed in a custom canopy (open top design) about 6 to 8 inches off the water.

Will this be enough light or should I do 4 Kessil's? The brackets move so I can accommodate 4 lights if need be.
188854.jpeg
188853.jpeg

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start with three, and if you want more, buy the fourth. It's enough, assuming the reflectors are decent for the T5's and the sps are in the top quadrant, but then again the only way to be sure is to do a par check

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I agree with @tsouth .Sounds like a good plan.

The only thing I could forsee is possible spotlighting from the Kessil. Usually you will have an 80 watt bulb for that length which will help blend the led color, the 54 watt may not be able to blend the led, but again just speculation. The kessil are great, worse case, add one more later on, sounds like a great set up.

Post when the build thread starts so we can watch

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back