Is this good flow for my Torches and Hammer?

OP
OP
Scott1071

Scott1071

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the flow in your tank looks fine, other than maybe being a bit one-directional....but not bad by any means.

I'm just looking at that one in front and it seems to be getting only hit with a right to left flow there. but again, not bad by any means.

Good looking euphyllia!
I am trying to figure out the random flow on the icecap, but not much instruction on how to set that so it doesn't blow the corals away. I will figure it out for sure.
Thank you got them from Cherry Corals during their sale. Have to say they are Amazing frags and the are big for sure. The Torch in the front is a Rasta, the one in the back is a two color tip Torch and then the hammer is an Australian Highlighter Splatter.

Last edited:

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Torches seem to love high flow which makes you wonder how they get nutrients... LOL
Funny you say that. I was just wondering about feeding. I don't target feed my torches, but run heavy in / heavy out with a variety of fish food.

Do people feed torches? If they do, what?

PelfsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would probably try and have it where they are not being blown in the same direction all the time. I know with mine i try and make sure it get flow from both sides like in a wave motion. I have heard (not sure if its true) that it could possible cause tissue damage from being blasted in the same direction all the time.

But besides that. I think they are awesome!!.

PelfsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to figure out the random flow on the icecap, but not much instruction on how to set that so it doesn't blow the corals away. I will figure it out for sure.
Thank you got them from Cherry Corals during their sale. Have to say they are Amazing frags and the are big for sure. The Torch in the front is a Rasta, the one in the back is a two color tip Torch and then the hammer is an Australian Highlighter Splatter.

I have an Ice Cap. If you put it on the gyre mode which is the last one on the program screen where it goes forward then backwards. I have mine set at 60% forward then set it at 0% for when it goes back. then like a 2 second delay before it goes forward again.

Check it out. I think it would work for you. just hollar at me if you need any help getting it set up!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Funny you say that. I was just wondering about feeding. I don't target feed my torches, but run heavy in / heavy out with a variety of fish food.

Do people feed torches? If they do, what?
I feed reef roids and coral frenzy as well as fine foods for some of the fish which reaches the coral
Corals must have aminos and phyto for food, carbon source, nutrients and zooanthele

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scott1071

Scott1071

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see the video and flow looks fine. When torches, hammers & frogspawn are small it always looks strong but they thrive in that type of flow IME. Mine have always done better in moderately higher flow as they've gotten older and started growing. This was 2 heads last year, is now 30+ and it's in fairly high flow.

IMG_6983.JPG
You ever decide to frag that amazing hammer let me know, I woukd surely buy a frag of it.

nkusumoto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my frogspawn and hammers in high direct flow 24/7 from a mp10. Now they're getting hit with a reef wave 45 gyre. Start low but they can take a beating. As for my torches (ny nicks and dragon soul) I like to have random directional flow. Almost a swaying twisting motion for the tentacles. Not just blasting to the left or right.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 117 58.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 61 30.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 73 36.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.0%
Back