is this growth or is my chalice receding

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so i moved my chalice because my bta moved and it’s been doing really good except the fact that par of the chalice has a white spot now and i can’t tell if is skeleton or not or if it’s just growth because in an older picture it looks to be green there the first picture is of it today and the second is from a few days ago

17B329F0-5242-43B6-AE97-7279318DB9E1.jpeg A4C49C52-542B-47D1-8F2B-2AA924A76900.jpeg

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed doesn't look like growth to me

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so i moved my chalice because my bta moved and it’s been doing really good except the fact that par of the chalice has a white spot now and i can’t tell if is skeleton or not or if it’s just growth because in an older picture it looks to be green there the first picture is of it today and the second is from a few days ago

17B329F0-5242-43B6-AE97-7279318DB9E1.jpeg A4C49C52-542B-47D1-8F2B-2AA924A76900.jpeg
Growth. It looks like a new eye. Grats.

New eyes on chalices typically look like whitish/opaque circles. They then slowly start to turn colors. Yours looks follows this to a t as the white has phased into a slightly more yellow shade.

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just food for thought: you said a nem was close by. If not new eye, could be it got stung and needed to heal?

but last photos is looking good.

I would for sure pick up phosphate test, calcium test, and a magnesium test. Having complete scope of your water quality will drastically help you keep healthy corals as well as pinpoint any issues You may have.

good luck and happy reefing!

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just food for thought: you said a nem was close by. If not new eye, could be it got stung and needed to heal?

but last photos is looking good.

I would for sure pick up phosphate test, calcium test, and a magnesium test. Having complete scope of your water quality will drastically help you keep healthy corals as well as pinpoint any issues You may have.

good luck and happy reefing!
yea i will get some test kits for everything soon i hope and i was confused by it because my nem moved to the other side of the tank now

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Growth. It looks like a new eye. Grats.

New eyes on chalices typically look like whitish/opaque circles. They then slowly start to turn colors. Yours looks follows this to a t as the white has phased into a slightly more yellow shade.
ok i was worried because it has little green circles that come in that i’m sure are baby eyes but this one was white vs green

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back