is this hole in the head on my oscar fish?

fishguy42069

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he’s acting fine and eating and everything i have a albino also which i notice the same thing i was wondering what is was

A717047C-C903-4C4F-9FCC-77BE7B2E2CE9.jpeg

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look like old, healed scars. My oscar is in with an arowana that gets a little violent when feeding time comes around. He's not the smartest fish so the oscar gets in his way and tends to get a little injured. After the wounds heal, they look just like that.

Backreefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably the beginning of Hole in the head disease. There’s no cures, just keep it healthy. To slow the process

OP
OP
F

fishguy42069

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look like old, healed scars. My oscar is in with an arowana that gets a little violent when feeding time comes around. He's not the smartest fish so the oscar gets in his way and tends to get a little injured. After the wounds heal, they look just like that.
yea they do fight sometimes especially when there breeding

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea they do fight sometimes especially when there breeding
Id say just battle scars, especially since the tank looks well taken care of and since they're a breeding pair they should be very healthy. Normal for oscars to be a little aggressive so I wouldnt worry, just keep doing whatever youre doing

OP
OP
F

fishguy42069

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so just keep doing weekly water changes and feed him healthy
Id say just battle scars, especially since the tank looks well taken care of and since they're a breeding pair they should be very healthy. Normal for oscars to be a little aggressive so I wouldnt worry, just keep doing whatever youre doing
what do you feed your oscars?

OP
OP
F

fishguy42069

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
because i feed mine hikari pellets and raw shrimp and they still eat the hikari pellets but seems to be getting bored of them but they love the shrimp

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep feeding whatever theyre already eating, the wounds are already healed so theres no risk of infection or anything like that. Just let them be and watch for aggression, maybe provide some more tank decor so they can get away from each other if need be

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed raw shrimp, leftover cockroaches from my geckos, crickets, mealworms, bloodworms, predator pellets, and color enhancement pellets to the whole tank which is oscar, blood parrots, red sevrum, and the arowana. Seems to work very well, whenever the oscar gets injured it looks like that within 3-4 days

Privateye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe those are just sensory pits. They are very commonly mistaken for HITH in oscars. With HITH it will be a deeper hole, and more white/gray in color. I wouldn't be worried IMO, but look up the sensory pits to be sure.

OP
OP
F

fishguy42069

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed raw shrimp, leftover cockroaches from my geckos, crickets, mealworms, bloodworms, predator pellets, and color enhancement pellets to the whole tank which is oscar, blood parrots, red sevrum, and the arowana. Seems to work very well, whenever the oscar gets injured it looks like that within 3-4 days
what type of arowana do you have and what size tank sounds like a fun tank

OP
OP
F

fishguy42069

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what type of arowana do you have and what size tank sounds like a fun tank

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back