OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh, took so long to heat the new tank up. Everyone has been moved over. I’ll skip the treatment today to give them a break and some time to calm down. Will start NFG for 10 days tomorrow.

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, went downstairs to have a good look and my oh my what a difference a night without copper makes.

I can confirm now, unlike last time, that everyone is clear. Not a white spot, dusting or flaking on anyone. Water is a little cloudy but that’s being a new tank and all. Currently, there are no meds but plan on restarting the antibiotics today.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, went downstairs to have a good look and my oh my what a difference a night without copper makes.

I can confirm now, unlike last time, that everyone is clear. Not a white spot, dusting or flaking on anyone. Water is a little cloudy but that’s being a new tank and all. Currently, there are no meds but plan on restarting the antibiotics today.
That is great! I sure hope this is the turning point. I hope white spots do not reappear again in a few days.

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The NFG directions said 1/4tsp per 20 gallons. I dosed 1/2 to the 40b and the water turned a pretty deep bluish green. Just wanted to make sure this was normal.

dd6a54b1d9be249705e26f3f11fc3fc6.jpg

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The NFG directions said 1/4tsp per 20 gallons. I dosed 1/2 to the 40b and the water turned a pretty deep bluish green. Just wanted to make sure this was normal.

dd6a54b1d9be249705e26f3f11fc3fc6.jpg
That is completely normal. It contains methalyne blue. That is why it stains the water so heavily. Just make sure you do at least a 25% water change daily, or you can do a 50% change every other day.

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is completely normal. It contains methalyne blue. That is why it stains the water so heavily. Just make sure you do at least a 25% water change daily, or you can do a 50% change every other day.

Thank you. I’m so close I don’t want to screw it up!

Everyone looks REALLY good in there.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I’m so close I don’t want to screw it up!

Everyone looks REALLY good in there.
NFG is REALLY good stuff. Good luck, and I agree that’s normal.

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I have an update to this entire mess.

After treating for ich, twice, then bacterial infections. After freshwater dips and 2 or three baths. Feeding with Metro, dosing a trio of antibiotics, dealing with lip infections and treating with epsom salt, deworming and then finally getting a hold of everything.... today was a rewarding day. Graduation day. Unfortunately I wasn’t home for it but my fiancé was incredibly excited to get into the DT. I had walked her through the process and we did it together via FaceTime. Netted them, into a colander, then rinsing them in a bucket of display tank water followed by a transfer to another colander (not taking any chances)... all the survivors are in the DT!

0288e7541959ac7699db2b5e993e4ae2.jpg

96518540cb17871a17e6b00f72604b54.jpg

I’ll get better pics when I’m home.

This has been a tremendous learning experience. Thank you everyone for your help.

Here’s the negative to all of this- I lost 8 of the 15 fish I started with. I was pretty bummed and close to quitting as I was fairly attached to them having owned them for such a long time. But I am better equipped to handle this in the future. I think it’s fair to say that I’ve seen and handled the worst of it.

Powder Brown- lost during Rally Bath
Kole Tang- lost to bacterial infection
Yellow Tang- lost to bacterial infection
Anthias (2 of 3) lost to bacterial infection
Muellers Butterfly- lost to copper/ich
Christmas Wrasse- lost to carpet surfing during QT
Melanorus Wrasse-lost to heater burn (refused to hide anywhere but behind the suction cup on the heater.

Survivors:
Hippo Tang
Purple Tang
Pair of Clownfish
Male Swallowtail Angelfish
Female Anthias
Starry Blenny

They’re all eating like pigs and LOVE the new swimming space.

I can finally get back to my build!

-Paul

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul, that is the coolest video. I love it when the kids share our passion and will be a part of the fun.

Thank you! Yea. She’s all about making you tube videos so I made her a deal that we’d work on setting up a channel where we can maybe help with clarifying some of the basic stuff. Fair trade off I think!

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome dude, so happy for you

You can make a sleeve fir the heater out of pvc pipe. I think 1” works with eheim jaegers, and leaves enough clearance to use the suction cups. 3 sections. Suction cup holder clips on between the sections. Drill a bunch of holes for circulation . Leave a space near the top for the thermostat.

Sorry fir brevity, currently in a drive through

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome dude, so happy for you

You can make a sleeve fir the heater out of pvc pipe. I think 1” works with eheim jaegers, and leaves enough clearance to use the suction cups. 3 sections. Suction cup holder clips on between the sections. Drill a bunch of holes for circulation . Leave a space near the top for the thermostat.

Sorry fir brevity, currently in a drive through

That’s brilliant and was actually planning to do that when I get home from this trip! In LA for the day then back to Vegas tonight.

Back