Is this ich on a sailfin tang?

konatown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a few spots on some clownfish and not sure if they were ich, but they eventually went away. Not sure if I’ve even had it.
If this is ich, I’d like to know. And what the best way to treat would be before putting into one of my tanks. I am reading about treatment now. Thanks

edit. Fish is otherwise very happy, healthy and eating

RIByKP9.jpg

Kmx1XAT.jpg

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If rapid breathing is no issue and fish still has an appetite then all signs point to a advanced case of Ich.

OP
OP
konatown

konatown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If rapid breathing is no issue and fish still has an appetite then all signs point to a advanced case of Ich.
Thanks. Does it look treatable or when you say advanced do you mean it would be difficult to fix?

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes it’s very much treatable. Fish would have to be pulled from tank and treat in a QT with copper medication. On that point all fish from your DT would have to be treated as well or you risk the fish getting reinfected. Here is a good article from Jay!

OP
OP
konatown

konatown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it’s very much treatable. Fish would have to be pulled from tank and treat in a QT with copper medication. On that point all fish from your DT would have to be treated as well or you risk the fish getting reinfected. Here is a good article from Jay!

Thanks! I’ve been reading a lot about medicating and qt. I think I’m going to do qt from now on to every fish I buy actually. Tired of the management can eradication. I’ll give that link a good read.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's either ich or velvet. If it's acting normally and eating, I would guess ich. I would pull the fish out and treat with copper in a hospital tank, if you can.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back