Nwel99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed these tiny tiny spots . I don't know if I'm worrying for nothing
I have two juvenile clowns. Other one appears fine with no spotting at all
It is very minimal . No other fish has no signs
I have attached a photo and a video . It's hard to tell with my cellphone camera
If it is ich what would recommendations be
Thanks

20220109_174157.jpg

Attachments

• 20220109_174111.mp4
    38.8 MB

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed these tiny tiny spots . I don't know if I'm worrying for nothing
I have two juvenile clowns. Other one appears fine with no spotting at all
It is very minimal . No other fish has no signs
I have attached a photo and a video . It's hard to tell with my cellphone camera
If it is ich what would recommendations be
Thanks

20220109_174157.jpg

It does look like it has ich, along with some other mucus, possibly secondary bacterial infection. Its belly is also really swollen, has it been like that for long?

It isn't unheard of for one fish to contract ich while other fish seemingly remain clean....for a time, and then everyone typically gets sick.

Treating will really require a separate tank for either dosing with copper, or running hyposalinity. Most "reef safe" medications fail to cure active cases of ich. You might try ruby reef rally pro or Polyp Lab Medic, but really, they are a poor second choice to an out-of-tank treatment.

Jay

OP
OP
N

Nwel99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for responding
I will be upgrading my tank tonight and tomorrow to a larger one
I do not have a QT . However my current tank I could make it as a QT after I do my transfers within next 24 hours .
Would it be okay if I transferred all my rocks and corals and clean up crew to the new tank once set up and then leave my exsisting sand in the current tank and then treat one clownfish or should I treat all my fish assuming they all have it ?
I have two juvenile clowns , a small cardinal fish , small coral beauty and a juvenile 6 line wrasse and a star fish
Thanks again
I hope to make health better and do not want to sacrifice their lives . So stressful
Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for responding
I will be upgrading my tank tonight and tomorrow to a larger one
I do not have a QT . However my current tank I could make it as a QT after I do my transfers within next 24 hours .
Would it be okay if I transferred all my rocks and corals and clean up crew to the new tank once set up and then leave my exsisting sand in the current tank and then treat one clownfish or should I treat all my fish assuming they all have it ?
I have two juvenile clowns , a small cardinal fish , small coral beauty and a juvenile 6 line wrasse and a star fish
Thanks again
I hope to make health better and do not want to sacrifice their lives . So stressful
Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks

The general thought is - if this is ich, then all of the fish have been exposed, and they will typically all develop the disease over time. In rare instances, if a fish has just a couple of spots, the ich parasite won't spread and will go away on its own. However, your clown looks to be past that point. If you see ANY spots on the other fish, I think you'll need to treat them all.

Jay

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back