Is this ich or velvet?

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's at least ich, but I am saying it's at least Brook + Ich. Perhaps velvet as well. That's rough :(

OP
OP
senorsancho

senorsancho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's at least ich, but I am saying it's at least Brook + Ich. Perhaps velvet as well. That's rough :(
It's weird because I didn't end up losing that many fish from it, I still have 7 fish from it and everybody is perfectly healthy now and no problems at all. Been some weeks since then quite a while and haven't seen a sign of it again, leads me to think it was something that happened in my tank, no clue what it was, that led to just a bad outbreak of ich in the tank, if it was velvet or brook I would think I would have only had like 2 fish max survive out of them all.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's weird because I didn't end up losing that many fish from it, I still have 7 fish from it and everybody is perfectly healthy now and no problems at all. Been some weeks since then quite a while and haven't seen a sign of it again, leads me to think it was something that happened in my tank, no clue what it was, that led to just a bad outbreak of ich in the tank, if it was velvet or brook I would think I would have only had like 2 fish max survive out of them all.
Some fish can kick brook, rarely velvet. Glad most of the fish are doing well now!

OP
OP
senorsancho

senorsancho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some fish can kick brook, rarely velvet. Glad most of the fish are doing well now!
Yeah I was suspecting more brook than velvet, butttt the white dots did seem countable on who I saw it on, but still not sure. But yeah same here I am happy with the ones that made it especially my sailfin tang who was in very bad shape but he's as healthy as can be now!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back