Is This Ich

jlfalin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The following Tomini has been in quarantine for 15 days. I did the last tank transfer of the tank transfer method this morning and planned to move him to a more permanent quarantine tank in less than 72hours. For the transfer method I was very careful. The transfers were all less than 72 hours. I did 15 days of transfers. The tanks were cleaned and allowed to dry before the next transfer. During tank transfer the fish received 7 consecutive days of praziquantel. Additionally to started noticing the small marks seen in the picture 4 days ago. When I noticed this I added chloroquine phosphate to the tank at a concentration of 60mg/gal. I was just wondering if I failed somewhere along the line or if this could just be an abrasion. Sorry for the poor quality picture. It was the best I could do. Thanks for the input.

22BCF4E4-111E-499E-A1AA-F2EFC96B7968.jpeg

OP
OP
J

jlfalin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was my original thought but wasn’t sure. Any idea on what it is. The netting’s have not been traumatic and I have not seen any flashing behavior... current quarantine friends are a lawnmower blenny and a flame angel. All are eating.

OP
OP
J

jlfalin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell. I think over. The pics of lymph are very similar to what I see.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does resemble lympho, but it's difficult to tell for sure. I'm leaning more towards something bacterial possibly.

I do have one question though: did you do the second round of prazi or just the one?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we get a pic under full white lighting?

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like another tang sliced it potentially? Anything else in QT

OP
OP
J

jlfalin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only their fish in QT with it is a lawnmower blenny and a flame angel.

I will get a new picture when I get home from work today so hopefully it can be IDed a little easier.

The spots are raised. I would say they are cauliflower like. It almost looks like the area is erupting out of the fish.

For prazi I did 7 consecutive days but only one seven day course. If advised I can do an additional seven days.

What antibiotic would be recommended if it is bacterial. Metronidazole?

I know if it is lympho that it’s viral and just has to run its course with supportive care to the fish.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only their fish in QT with it is a lawnmower blenny and a flame angel.

I will get a new picture when I get home from work today so hopefully it can be IDed a little easier.

The spots are raised. I would say they are cauliflower like. It almost looks like the area is erupting out of the fish.

For prazi I did 7 consecutive days but only one seven day course. If advised I can do an additional seven days.

What antibiotic would be recommended if it is bacterial. Metronidazole?

I know if it is lympho that it’s viral and just has to run its course with supportive care to the fish.
For nasty bacterial infections it’s good to have kanaplex+metroplex+furan2 on hand.
But sounds like lympho from your description. Let’s get a better pic though to better treat.

OP
OP
J

jlfalin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the help guys. I am new to diagnosis and treating fish illness but I am trying to do what is right for my fish. I want to minimize my impact on wild collection by taking the best care that I can of these animals. I will get a better picture when I get home which will hopefully help confirm a diagnosis so I can treat if needed. Again thanks

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back