Is this ich?

Floyd-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My little nox angelfish has these spots on him. Is this ich? I dont have a QT tank to put him in. How can I help him?

IMG_3445.jpg

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update. As of this morning he has died. Everyone else in the tank and QT tank are doing fine and eating well.
Sorry - just seeing this now. Nox angels show ich so well due to the contrast, be sure to examine your other fish closely as it may not be so clearly seen on them. Are you treating them with copper?
Jay

OP
OP
Floyd-

Floyd-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Just lost my yellow tang that was in QT also. He didnt show any signs of ICH and even up till about 4 hours before he died was eating very well. His only symptom was breathing fast. I triple checked the water in the tank and Ammonia and Nitrates were 0 and salt was on the low side at 1.018 (but from what I can tell thats ok for QT)
Not sure whats killing my fish?!

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Just lost my yellow tang that was in QT also. He didnt show any signs of ICH and even up till about 4 hours before he died was eating very well. His only symptom was breathing fast. I triple checked the water in the tank and Ammonia and Nitrates were 0 and salt was on the low side at 1.018 (but from what I can tell thats ok for QT)
Not sure whats killing my fish?!
Rapid breathing can be a sign of velvet. What copper are you using and what level is it at? What other fish are left in that tank? With 2 deaths, unless there is a change, the expectation is that the losses will continue.
Jay

OP
OP
Floyd-

Floyd-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im using Cupramine and just followed the directions on the bottle. Dosed and then in 48 hours dosed again. Not sure the level I guess I need a copper test? I only have access to API brand testing locally. The only fish left in the QT tank are 2 chromies

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im using Cupramine and just followed the directions on the bottle. Dosed and then in 48 hours dosed again. Not sure the level I guess I need a copper test? I only have access to API brand testing locally. The only fish left in the QT tank are 2 chromies

The goby has to be treated too or they can infect new fish.

I like Hannah high range copper test kit.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without a good copper reading it is difficult to say where you are at with the copper level. Your copper could be low and the fish are dying from velvet, or it is high, and they are dying from copper toxicity. Of course, the copper could be spot on, and then something else is in play (not sure what that would be though).
Jay

Back