Is this Ich?

zotomomo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brought home my purple tang and lemon peel angel on Sunday. Did an initial dip in safety stop, but the angel didn't seem to tolerate it. So pulled him out early. My plan was to observe for a couple days in the quarantine tank before starting copper treatment. Both ate well from the get go but today my angel has not been interested in eating. Still looks and swims ok. The Purple tang is still eating well but today I found this white spot on his fin. Is this ich?

I was planning on starting their copper treatment tomorrow with copper power, but now im worried about the angel not tolerating it since he's already not eating and had difficulty with safety stop. But if the purple tang has ich, should i Just start the treatment and ramp up slowly keeping an eye on the angel fish? or should i consider something other than copper power?

Any help is appreciated!

IMG_9994.JPG

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not like copper. I use the TTM method. Not for everyone but it avoid chemcials that can make a fish sick. If that spot is only on the fin then it could be Lymphocystis (caused by stress) and might go away once the fish is not under such stress. I would get a fish eating before even have to use meds unless it was really sick.

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't really see much except the spot n the fin? If so that looks to large for ich. Most likely Lympho.

OP
OP
zotomomo

zotomomo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far I have only noticed 2 white spots on the fins. The large one in first pic. and I just noticed what looks like another smaller spot his top fin. Also, does it look like he might have HLLE?
Lemon peel angel still not eating. So I will just keep observing for now.

Attachments

• IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 56

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far I have only noticed 2 white spots on the fins. The large one in first pic. and I just noticed what looks like another smaller spot his top fin. Also, does it look like he might have HLLE?
Lemon peel angel still not eating. So I will just keep observing for now.
Not convinced its ich. Keep an eye on it and yes it does look like HLLE .

ubiq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've read that the formalin dip (Safety Stop) is less toxic and just as effective as copper.

mike89t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've read that the formalin dip (Safety Stop) is less toxic and just as effective as copper.

Not for your common Ich which can survive these dips.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back