Is this ich?

xIHA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took a close look at my fish and saw these faint white spots on the tail and fins of my royal gramma he is eating healthy and really active the only other inhabitants are a pair of clowns and a bunch of shrimp and hermits
here is a pic.
030DA8DD-FEF9-4C98-A280-8088B5E04400.jpeg

Isopod80

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it's ich. You'll need to quarantine all fish and treat with copper meds. You'll need to leave your display tank fishless for 8-10 weeks. Search ich treatment on here for more details. Good luck

OP
OP
X

xIHA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have a quarantine but I think I have a spare tank I could set up as one. Would any of the other ich treatments work like rubyreef or polyplab medic work?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have a quarantine but I think I have a spare tank I could set up as one. Would any of the other ich treatments work like rubyreef or polyplab medic work?
Most reef tank ich treatments are not effective. The two you mentioned do have some success stories associated with them though. The drugs they contain actually have some science behind them (unlike some herbal tonics). However, in order to be reef safe, the dose isn’t really high enough to control acute ich infections. Of the two, I would try polyp lab medic.
Jay

Back