Is this is a common bristleworm

SaltISlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i tried very hard ro keep these outa my tank. But i guess they got in anyway. Noticed a long like 6 inch one at night the otherday but it ran when i tried to grab it with tweazers it was strong too.

I just dipped one of my favia colonies in api general cure which has metronidazole and prazi pro in it and some doxycycline antibiotics in an effort to try to stop whatever is killing my favias. Suspecting baterial not sure.

And this big worm cane outa the rock. Looks like a common bristleworm. It died in 5min in my dip.

20210102_114352.jpg 20210102_114421.jpg

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes looks like a common bristleworm. Not really bad as they eat detritus and their numbers self populate based on food supply.
I suck them out from under my baskets and frag tiles where detritus collects when they get too big or too many.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 40 57.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 20 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back