Is this low iron glass or did I get screwed?

CJ Monty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let just say I have had a bad experience and now I am questioning everything with this tank. The tank was advertised as low iron glass. However when I look at the glass edges It is clearly green. From my reading that means it is not low iron glass. This is only my second reef tank but I looked at my current tank and when I look at the edges I see no green. I do have some aqueon tanks around and I obviously see the green there. For reference from my research (https://www.dillmeierglass.com/news/the-difference-between-clear-glass-and-low-iron-glass). My tank looks a lot like the one on the left in the picture.

I do not want to jump to conclusions so I figure I would ask. Can polishing the edges or anything else they might have done make it appear this way? Images of my tank below.

IMG_20200803_043010253.jpg IMG_20200803_043002308.jpg

Sm51498

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's hard to tell in the box. Pull it out and set it on the stand. It'll be easier to tell then. Ime the difference is not dramatic until you have water in but it is definitely noticeable

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let just say I have had a bad experience and now I am questioning everything with this tank. The tank was advertised as low iron glass. However when I look at the glass edges It is clearly green. From my reading that means it is not low iron glass. This is only my second reef tank but I looked at my current tank and when I look at the edges I see no green. I do have some aqueon tanks around and I obviously see the green there. For reference from my research (https://www.dillmeierglass.com/news/the-difference-between-clear-glass-and-low-iron-glass). My tank looks a lot like the one on the left in the picture.

I do not want to jump to conclusions so I figure I would ask. Can polishing the edges or anything else they might have done make it appear this way? Images of my tank below.

IMG_20200803_043010253.jpg IMG_20200803_043002308.jpg
Who made your tank? If it is low iron glass, are you happy with it?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.4%
Back