Is this normal for plumbing? Some questions with pics!

Ding2daDong

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey gang,

Just purchased a used 45G CADlights aquarium. Upon putting everything back together I noticed a few things... this tank has metric bulkheads.. Fun stuff. Also is it okay that the bulkheads are plumbed with the threads on the bottom? See the picture. I always thought you were supposed to have the threads coming from the top down. Also it came with two gaskets for each bulkhead?? Is this how it's supposed to be? I got to the guys house while he was in the middle of taking it down and didn't notice these things until later. So now I'm trying to figure out and the guy I purchased them from does not remember how it went.

Thanks for the help.

-Matthew

IMG_5206.jpg IMG_5201.jpg IMG_5199.jpg

Ratherbeflyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually the threads go on the outside of the tank/drain because water can run up the threads and cause a slow drip. That's probably why there are two gaskets, one for inside and one outside.

I personally wouldn't have done it that way, but it clearly was set up that way before. I would try it and see if it leaks, with tap water, before I changed it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back