Is this normal? New to mushrooms…

Fortier’s Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Expanding my coral collection and got a mushroom on Sunday. It has folded itself down in three spots and appears to have attached to the plug.
Is this normal behavior and/or what is it representing? It did appear to have a new growth under one side.

2EEAE59E-C52A-4548-AC29-ED2A4AEC6741.jpeg

kzenoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have several mushrooms and several types. They are about the moodiest things I’ve ever felt with lol. Had a toadstool that looked dead for three months and now it full bloom and beautiful. Give it a little time to adjust, if nothing changes in a few days try relocating it.

OP
OP
F

Fortier’s Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has it stayed like that consistently? It may not like the amount of light you have it in, mushrooms are a low-light coral.
No it was more open the last couple days and just decided to do this this afternoon. Since posting it has loosened back up a bit. I had just switched from mostly white to blues only when taking the pic so might not like so much white light. I have cheap bar lights so I figured bottom of the tank was low enough lighting. I’ll monitor tomorrow and possibly move so it isn’t directly below the light.

OP
OP
F

Fortier’s Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have several mushrooms and several types. They are about the moodiest things I’ve ever felt with lol. Had a toadstool that looked dead for three months and now it full bloom and beautiful. Give it a little time to adjust, if nothing changes in a few days try relocating it.
Yeah I’ll monitor and move if it continues to try sheltering itself. I don’t have high grade lighting so I figured bottom of the 75 would constitute at low light in itself but could move off to the back so it’s not directly below the LEDs

OP
OP
F

Fortier’s Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IME with an unhappy shroom its best to just leave it alone. As long as the current is not too strong just leave it be and see what happens.
Okay I will leave it be. Do they split or does a new one pop up next to the one? I hear they can grow into a colony pretty fast.

Back