Is this normal? New to mushrooms…

Fortier’s Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Expanding my coral collection and got a mushroom on Sunday. It has folded itself down in three spots and appears to have attached to the plug.
Is this normal behavior and/or what is it representing? It did appear to have a new growth under one side.

2EEAE59E-C52A-4548-AC29-ED2A4AEC6741.jpeg

Corals.com

kzenoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have several mushrooms and several types. They are about the moodiest things I’ve ever felt with lol. Had a toadstool that looked dead for three months and now it full bloom and beautiful. Give it a little time to adjust, if nothing changes in a few days try relocating it.

OP
F

Fortier’s Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Has it stayed like that consistently? It may not like the amount of light you have it in, mushrooms are a low-light coral.
No it was more open the last couple days and just decided to do this this afternoon. Since posting it has loosened back up a bit. I had just switched from mostly white to blues only when taking the pic so might not like so much white light. I have cheap bar lights so I figured bottom of the tank was low enough lighting. I’ll monitor tomorrow and possibly move so it isn’t directly below the light.

OP
F

Fortier’s Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have several mushrooms and several types. They are about the moodiest things I’ve ever felt with lol. Had a toadstool that looked dead for three months and now it full bloom and beautiful. Give it a little time to adjust, if nothing changes in a few days try relocating it.
Yeah I’ll monitor and move if it continues to try sheltering itself. I don’t have high grade lighting so I figured bottom of the 75 would constitute at low light in itself but could move off to the back so it’s not directly below the LEDs

RAP
Aquatic Life TDS Pen Offer