Is this normal purple tang behavior

JohnIsNewToReefKeeping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've had this tang for almost a year now and for some reason lately, it's been acting up lately in my opinion. It's eating so that's a plus. Idk would just like someone else's input.

Attachments

• IMG_1850.TRIM.MOV
    43.7 MB
  • IMG_1850.TRIM.mp4
    15.1 MB

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks to be twitching and/or possibly trying to scratch on the rocks. Have you added anything new? I would guess flukes perhaps.

OP
OP
J

JohnIsNewToReefKeeping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks to be twitching and/or possibly trying to scratch on the rocks. Have you added anything new? I would guess flukes perhaps.
yeah, I added two clownfish that I bought from live aquaria. qt with copper for two weeks didn't see any problem then dipped them in safety stop then dipped in freshwater.

Marco S

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were the marks on its head there when you got it a year ago or are those new? What do you feed it? Any changes lately in diet or water quality? What are your water parameters?

OP
OP
J

JohnIsNewToReefKeeping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were the marks on its head there when you got it a year ago or are those new? What do you feed it? Any changes lately in diet or water quality? What are your water parameters?
marks are from a year ago water paramters are fine. today the fish looked worse in the sense more jerking about and swimming sideways and saw a bit of discoloration behind the tail on the body and i think i saw clear balls on him. didnt know what to do i tossed him and everything else into my qt tank and dosed with copper.

Marco S

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just FYI, copper kills Ich and Velvet only and it didn't appear to be either from the video, (unless you noticed white dots since then). You will need either PraziPro or API General Cure for flukes and or internal parasites or other medications for bacterial infections.

Here is a link to recommended medications and what they treat... https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/treatment-options-index.247573/

Whatever it is, I hope he makes it through.

OP
OP
J

JohnIsNewToReefKeeping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just FYI, copper kills Ich and Velvet only and it didn't appear to be either from the video, (unless you noticed white dots since then). You will need either PraziPro or API General Cure for flukes and or internal parasites or other medications for bacterial infections.

Here is a link to recommended medications and what they treat... https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/treatment-options-index.247573/

Whatever it is, I hope he makes it through.
idk i just threw everything in there because i could just sit back and watch my fish (in my eyes) die right before me. i mean there is no way that any parasites could have gotten into the tank since like the clowns were dipped and my fish were clean. in heignsight i think i may have mixed my fish nets and something must have lived through.

Marco S

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are the fish doing now? Any better? If not, you may want to post this in the Fish Disease Diagnostic and Treatment forum here. There are some really smart people that are experts in diagnosing and treating fish diseases there.

OP
OP
J

JohnIsNewToReefKeeping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are the fish doing now? Any better? If not, you may want to post this in the Fish Disease Diagnostic and Treatment forum here. There are some really smart people that are experts in diagnosing and treating fish diseases there.
thanks for the info no the tang is not doing better

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back