Is this ostreopsis?

dportero

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been battling with somehting for months now, but i think its dinos. All started with dosing vibrant to kill the small amount of bubble algae i had. Now i wish i hadnt as this problem has hurt more corals than i had bubble algae. I looked at some tank water under a microscope and i was wondering if anyone could confirm if it is ostreopsis or not. Thanks.
1.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
tank water microscope.jpg
3.jpg

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a good resemblance in those pictures ofostreopsis. Sorry to hear about this! I know there is alot of good threads here that explain peoples stories and how they beat them. Personally a blackout worked for me. I Unfortunately lost a few corals in the mean time but it also eradicated the dinos.

OP
OP
D

dportero

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a good resemblance in those pictures ofostreopsis. Sorry to hear about this! I know there is alot of good threads here that explain peoples stories and how they beat them. Personally a blackout worked for me. I Unfortunately lost a few corals in the mean time but it also eradicated the dinos.

I have done a blackout twice and it came back within a day or two. Its driving me insane!!!

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done a blackout twice and it came back within a day or two. Its driving me insane!!!
This is a great thread to watch. Have you tried Dino X?

Marlon C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I have a youtube video explaining how I got rid of mine

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think so. Take a look here and see if it helps.

Back