Is this part of the Zoa?

PandorasChalk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This week picked up a Brown Warlock Zoa and this morning while it was opening I noticed this odd thing on it (circled). The Zoa opened fully and has been all day, it is not bothering it but I wanted to see if I should remove it.

image_6487327(1).JPG
image_123927839(5).JPG

OP
OP
PandorasChalk

PandorasChalk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a possible hitchhiker, but I'm not 100%.
That is my thought currently, it did not match up with anything in the common hitchhiker thread, closest thing I could think of is hydroid maybe? Other thought is it kind of looks like a baby feather duster worm based on google image search.

Upvote 0

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is my thought currently, it did not match up with anything in the common hitchhiker thread, closest thing I could think of is hydroid maybe?
I'm pretty sure it's not aptasia, but it kind of looks like a small feather duster worm or other filter feeder.

Upvote 1
OP
OP
PandorasChalk

PandorasChalk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty sure it's not aptasia, but it kind of looks like a small feather duster worm or other filter feeder.
I just did a Google Image Search right when you posted and it looks like a few I seen in the examples as a baby one. I hope that's the case, I just dealt with a hydra issue in a shrimp tank, I'd hate to deal with the salt equivalent.

Upvote 0

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 107 57.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 55 29.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 66 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 31 16.8%
  • Other

Votes: 56 30.3%
Back