Is this Petco clam a good deal?

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw this Aquacultured Derasa at Petco. It was 4 inches, so not tiny. $100 is a lot, but it is aquacultured. The only spot in my tank for it is on the sand bed. I don't have too much par down there (about 95-115 ish) and I have a clam hammock. But not sure if that is even enough par. Also if it seems like it is too much then I won't do it. I think Petco has a 30 day warranty on all their livestock so that might help in my decision making. If I go back in the next day or so and confirm they have the policy still I might just say screw it and buy it.

My tank is over 2 years old, but as I said the only spot is on the sand bed (I can elevate it a bit with some flat rocks/hammock, but it won't be super high light).
18A394D7-E7BF-47E5-8E62-4E0D8EE22A59.jpeg

Dorinda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The price is nice!
Not sure about the par.
Hopefully someone else will chime in.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, Petco still has the 30 day warranty on all livestock purchases, and all their clams come from Quality Marine.

I recently ordered a fish and a clam from Petco. Both the fish and the clam were drop shipped by Quality Marine.

The fish was fine, but the clam looked nothing like the picture/description and ended up dyeing just 3 days later. The fish is still doing fine (in QT) but I got a refund on the clam.

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Derasa clams don’t require as much light as other clams. 175 range! I gave $60 for a 3” one not long ago, I only broadcast feed live phyto and ab+ and I already have roughly 1/4” of growth along the edges of the mantle.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back