Is this PH level OK?

Michelle B

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have a newer 25 gallon WB mini. My parameters are good except I'm not sure how to read the PH. It is a very light clear purple color. Is that high? What should the levels be? If too high, how can I bring it down? I do have a good deal of agitation at the top. Appreciate any advice! Also I have just a pair of clownfish in the tank.

PH.jpg

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red seas test kit also has me stumped too. Anywhere from 7.75-8.4 is good and above that you start to build up calcification on pumps. If you go too low then coral skeletons can start to break down. Don't chase numbers though unless its like 7.5 or 8.6. Randy Holmes Farley has a good guide on pH you can search for to learn more.

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have a newer 25 gallon WB mini. My parameters are good except I'm not sure how to read the PH. It is a very light clear purple color. Is that high? What should the levels be? If too high, how can I bring it down? I do have a good deal of agitation at the top. Appreciate any advice! Also I have just a pair of clownfish in the tank.

PH.jpg
Well, are you sure you’ve done the test right? Anyhow, if your water is fully aerated and your salinity and Alkalinity are ok, you should be ok. You could take some tank water out, run an airpump and stone through it for a while outside, then use the test kit on it to show you what colour your fully aerated water is. This may be the same as what you are seeing here, or maybe not.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back