Is this phyto too light to use?

Chortanator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started my first 1g phyto culture and harvested today after 1 week. I used too little culture and too much water to begin with, which led to a really light phyto. Is this still okay to feed to my tank, even though it's not as nutritionally dense? Or should I dump it?

20220617_123236.jpg

OP
OP
Chortanator

Chortanator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on your first harvest! What size aquarium do you have? :)
Thank you! I used Miracle Grow this time around but I have some f2 and a darker culture arriving in the mail.

My tank is a Reefer 250, 55g + 11g sump. I like to add the phyto to the sump to feed the pods since I have a mandarinfish.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would assume it would be perfectly fine to dose your aquarium with that especially at the size tanks that you have :) _ Raven

DaJMasta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only problem feeding lower quantities is that it may not have used up all the fertilizer yet, otherwise it's the same as the others you just get a little more salinity creep for the nutrition fed. The only potential problem is if you have a batch that crashes and then feed it, but even then, the animals in a tank are likely robust enough that they won't be negatively effected (maybe the thing eating the phyto in a crashed culture could actually be a decent food source).

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%

Back