Is this Red Ogo OK?

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I received an order of Red Ogo from BRS/Algaebarn. Fedex delivered it and when I opened it, it had (3) cold packs in the box, but everything was very warm. It came moist, in a jar and the instructions say to rinse it off in fresh saltwater, which I did. When I rinsed it, the rinse bucket did cloud up a bit and lots of bits fell off... I then placed it in my fuge and turned down the lights. I pretty quickly noticed that only a few ends of a few strands are actually red... most of it is brown or green, and a few sections are whitish or clear... Is this likely to recover? or did the high temps during shipping get it?

attached are a few pics of it. You can clearly see what is red and what is green. Not much red unfortunately, but I've never had it before, so maybe this is normal??

20210804_191232.jpg
20210804_191659.jpg

LuisPerez711

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received mine the same way. Greenish/brown with some orange. After a couple weeks it started coloring up. I am not sure if it was stressed due to the shipping or lack of light but it did regain its color....then I nuked it and bleached it out haha sorry, I dont have a picture of it colored up.

20210609_135611.jpg
20210609_142129.jpg

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Today I received an order of Red Ogo from BRS/Algaebarn. Fedex delivered it and when I opened it, it had (3) cold packs in the box, but everything was very warm. It came moist, in a jar and the instructions say to rinse it off in fresh saltwater, which I did. When I rinsed it, the rinse bucket did cloud up a bit and lots of bits fell off... I then placed it in my fuge and turned down the lights. I pretty quickly noticed that only a few ends of a few strands are actually red... most of it is brown or green, and a few sections are whitish or clear... Is this likely to recover? or did the high temps during shipping get it?

attached are a few pics of it. You can clearly see what is red and what is green. Not much red unfortunately, but I've never had it before, so maybe this is normal??

20210804_191232.jpg
20210804_191659.jpg
Hi there! It looks like your red ogo stressed a bit during shipping. Going to send you a DM now to get your order information :)

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back