Is this sign of new growth on sps?

mooputingtong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Its been about 2 weeks and all of my sps frag has a white tip in the end but without polyps. Is this signs of growth? or is it sign of dying? it seems like it got bigger but not sure its a good sign or not.

OP
OP
mooputingtong

mooputingtong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Definitely could be, or burnt tips. Pics would help

20201030_140635.jpg 20201030_140640.jpg 20201030_140645.jpg

OP
OP
mooputingtong

mooputingtong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah I don't see anything indicating burnt tips, so most likely new growth. Still hard to tell though with so much blue light.
Sorry I cant take good picture with blue lights on. They grow really fast for a 2 week period.

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like new growth to me. Each coral’s new growth is a bit different. But it is usually a lighter color than the established body of coral. It is often thinner than the rest of the structure.

OP
OP
mooputingtong

mooputingtong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It looks like new growth to me. Each coral’s new growth is a bit different. But it is usually a lighter color than the established body of coral. It is often thinner than the rest of the structure.
All the polyps are fully opened so its a new growth! All of my sps frags are easy sps coral, would you give me an recommendation for moderate level sps?

720 Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the polyps are fully opened so its a new growth! All of my sps frags are easy sps coral, would you give me an recommendation for moderate level sps?
Jump on into the acro game. As soon as I could keep birds nest, stylos and montis alive, i gave acros a shot and haven't looked back. As long as you keep things very stable (mainly alk, ca, mag, salinity), I don't see why you can't handle acros.

OP
OP
mooputingtong

mooputingtong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Jump on into the acro game. As soon as I could keep birds nest, stylos and montis alive, i gave acros a shot and haven't looked back. As long as you keep things very stable (mainly alk, ca, mag, salinity), I don't see why you can't handle acros.
Im currently dosing alk and trying to figure out how much i need to dose daily. i still dont dose cal,mag but will dose when its depletes fast.

720 Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red sea foudation b liquid. Will eventually change to brs 2 part in the future
Ok I don’t know a whole lot about that product, but I would assume you will want to dose equal parts of the foundation A as well for calcium. I use BRS. Best bang for tour buck

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed 100%. Once I could keep monti's and birds nest alive and growing, I jumoped into the acro game and haven't looked back.

Green Slimer acro would be a good jump into the acro world. They are supposed to be a hardy acro.

Also my first Acro that actually lived.
Ok I don’t know a whole lot about that product, but I would assume you will want to dose equal parts of the foundation A as well for calcium. I use BRS. Best bang for tour buck
Best bang for your buck is @Randy Holmes-Farley DIY 2 part. For me some of the mag and CAL parts are tough to source. So I simply use use his alkalinity supplement(Plain old arm and hammer baking soda), and BRS CAL, and MAG.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 29 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back