Is this some form of dino?

stefanm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can see the strands with bubbles at the end, to the left of the sea hare.

The tanks at day 28, only inhabitants are a shrinking piece of chaeto, some stomatella snails, at least 3 micro brittle stars and a sea hare which laid eggs today.
IMG_20180404_112407.jpg

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s probably just new tank uglies. 28 days old tank is still trying to mature. All kinds of phases this tank will pass through. Keep an eye on it.

Watch that sea hare your tank probably doesn’t have enough algea for it to live off yet. Heavy supplanting with algea is going to be your best bet with this guy.

OP
OP
S

stefanm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s probably just new tank uglies. 28 days old tank is still trying to mature. All kinds of phases this tank will pass through. Keep an eye on it.

Watch that sea hare your tank probably doesn’t have enough algea for it to live off yet. Heavy supplanting with algea is going to be your best bet with this guy.

Hopefully you're right, the sea hare was a hitchhiker either from the chaeto or from collecting NSW, there's plenty of diatoms appearing shortly after he consumes a section, I'm also using prawns/shrimps to keep the bacteria populations high, which I guess will keep the algae fuelled.

1WildBill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My diatoms look the same way too. Look brown under whites. They sorta look like coralline under the blues too. Still gotta get my CUC this weekend. Tank just finished it’s cycle.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt those guys will produce much waste if your tank is cycled I would start adding fish. Especially if you added live rock.

Sweet looking seahare

OP
OP
S

stefanm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt those guys will produce much waste if your tank is cycled I would start adding fish. Especially if you added live rock.

Sweet looking seahare

Actually it's diy rock, NSW has definitely sped up the process. I'll be adding some coral next weekend, fish Will be coming roughly ten days later, they'll be prophylactically quarantined for 6-8 weeks, the corals are coming from a fishless tank/system, just trying to avoid ich etc. The tank is bare bottom as well.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s not a bad idea.

Back