OP
S

Streetlamp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@DSC reef there's no mucus from it or anything in the tank

@sullyman If they're all worms I'm in big trouble as I'll never get them all, they've been on the rock since day one and as above I've never seen an mucus coming from anything. I think with that many I'd definitely see lots.

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you ever broadcast feed or stir up the sand bed at all when doing a water change? If so the vermited snails will cast a “web” to collect the detritus in the water column.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@DSC reef there's no mucus from it or anything in the tank

@sullyman If they're all worms I'm in big trouble as I'll never get them all, they've been on the rock since day one and as above I've never seen an mucus coming from anything. I think with that many I'd definitely see lots.
I don't think they are vermetid in that case.

sullyman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
were the tubes on the rock when you started the tank? Or have they been developing along with your tank? they're a lot of tube worms, I know the red ones sting. could be a different member of the family. Can you see worms in all those tubes? If so I'd
do some offensive defense and start a carpet bombing campaign. Do you have a wrasse, if so break tubes open and let the wrasse eat away. They can take over a tank before you know it. The ones that don't shoot out a mucus still sting things that get too close

OP
OP
S

Streetlamp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Over the weekend the offfending item got smashed up. During feeding i thought I saw a tiny sliver of webbing, then I saw food being pulled to wards it. I'll keep observing the other things but I'm not too concerned by them.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Over the weekend the offfending item got smashed up. During feeding i thought I saw a tiny sliver of webbing, then I saw food being pulled to wards it. I'll keep observing the other things but I'm not too concerned by them.
Look up digitate hydroids as well, they have a tentacle that can pull food in.

OP
OP
S

Streetlamp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are we talking about the round white things now that are at the 10 o'clock position from the green circle in the original post?

If so there's no sign of life from these, and I believe they've been there since day 1. There looks to be plenty of old dead stuff on my live rock. I'll try get examples later.

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are we talking about the round white things now that are at the 10 o'clock position from the green circle in the original post?

If so there's no sign of life from these, and I believe they've been there since day 1. There looks to be plenty of old dead stuff on my live rock. I'll try get examples later.
No, digitate hydroids can look like a web but are completely different. Here is a picture of one for reference
Screenshot_20191114-061024_Google.jpg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 34 81.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.8%
Back