Is this tank failing!? 750XXL

mattuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I've had this RSR 750XXL since new and it's about 5 months old. It was installed by my LFS and was all levelled correctly.
After building the system I checked it was level still and it was, I also checked every month or so to ensure it is level. About a month ago I noticed the seals seam to be coming away from the glass, you can see the black is no longer black in most parts around seals. Obviously I am bricking myself and have logged a call with red sea. I was wondering if anyone has seen something similar happen to seals like what is happening to mine. thank you

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off welcome !!! :cool: to the club , second , a month ago I would have been looking for a replacement for your inhabitants and on the phone with Red Sea after you moved everything in the tank and drained the tank so as not to burst messing up everything in your house or even worst possibly hurting someone . That being said that’s what I would have done . I wish you luck .

cotofl02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I've had this RSR 750XXL since new and it's about 5 months old. It was installed by my LFS and was all levelled correctly.
After building the system I checked it was level still and it was, I also checked every month or so to ensure it is level. About a month ago I noticed the seals seam to be coming away from the glass, you can see the black is no longer black in most parts around seals. Obviously I am bricking myself and have logged a call with red sea. I was wondering if anyone has seen something similar happen to seals like what is happening to mine. thank you

It looks like it just may be the light refelecting off the inside of the glass. Put your hand in the tank near the bottom and see if it shadows it. I get the same reflections on my xl300 and it concerned me until I figured out what was up.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe it would be worth it to take some photos with the tank lights off, shining a very bright light towards the seam from the outside. It's very hard to tell if this is delamination or just some random reflections. Since it hasn't always looked like this I think it's a very very bad sign. That is a LOT of water.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.0%
Back