Is this the correct type of light to use on a mangrove plant?

Leon Gorani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a red mangrove in my reef tank and I am looking for a light to buy for the plant itself. I found this one on amazon,

do you think this one is the right type of lighting or should I look for something else.
Suggestions on mangrove lights are welcomed and appreciated.

thanks!

Caseyoidae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if it’s under your tank light that may be enough. I’m sure those would work too.

OP
OP
Leon Gorani

Leon Gorani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mangroves need a full spectrum light, fuge lights tend to be heavy on red and not full spectrum, but either will work.
So would this type of light be the right spectrum? I’m not sure what spectrum mangroves need. My mangrove is under my AI prime light but it isn’t directly under it. Do you think that amazon one would be good for the mangrove?

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So would this type of light be the right spectrum? I’m not sure what spectrum mangroves need. My mangrove is under my AI prime light but it isn’t directly under it. Do you think that amazon one would be good for the mangrove?
The AI prime is fine. That is what I am planning to switch to as soon as they start to grow. I am using a Kessil a80 right now hoping it will work.

ReefBeta

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any grow light will be fine. It's just like other green leaves plants. One note to the grow light though, the red one will produce nice grow on weight, but plants usually have weaker stem than from white light. My experience growing tomatoes with it anyway. So I would choose white over red for a stronger plant.

nyghtdancyr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any grow light will be fine. It's just like other green leaves plants. One note to the grow light though, the red one will produce nice grow on weight, but plants usually have weaker stem than from white light. My experience growing tomatoes with it anyway. So I would choose white over red for a stronger plant.
This...I run fresh planted tanks as well as saltwater. Red light makes plush leaves, blue light makes strong stalks. White is the best of both worlds.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 147 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back