Is this the first sign of Coraline Algae?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just trying to follow BRStv. They say the ugly phase can potentially be avoided by dosing this product.
Always keep in mind that they are videos put on by a supplier. They have tons of good info. They're also designed to support products.

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Opinion……..
Watch videos on it and maybe search on here. A lot of people have had issues following vibrant use. I tried it years ago before I really read up on it to try to rid my rank of chrystophytes, wound up with some sorta green cyano.

OP
OP
BombadBrad

BombadBrad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch videos on it and maybe search on here. A lot of people have had issues following vibrant use. I tried it years ago before I really read up on it to try to rid my rank of chrystophytes, wound up with some sorta green cyano.
I actually did watch many videos on it and found probably 9/10 with nothing but great things to say. I don’t do anything to my tank without endless due diligence.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These two items perform completely different functions.

Not sure how to reply to that without coming across rude…the point I was making, I wouldn’t need the microscope to I.D what is causing the issue if the turkey baster removed the issue.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just trying to follow BRStv. They say the ugly phase can potentially be avoided by dosing this product.
I can understand that, it’s hard knowing what advice to follow.
Best to take as much advice you can from many different sources before doing anything.

No harm done, I would stop dosing it though and only use something like that if really needed to solve an issue.

As long as you keep your PO4 and nitrates at a reasonable lvl, just let the ugly stage happen, your tank will benefit from it, especially your rock will start to look more natural.

OP
OP
BombadBrad

BombadBrad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can understand that, it’s hard knowing what advice to follow.
Best to take as much advice you can from many different sources before doing anything.

No harm done, I would stop dosing it though and only use something like that if really needed to solve an issue.

As long as you keep your PO4 and nitrates at a reasonable lvl, just let the ugly stage happen, your tank will benefit from it, especially your rock will start to look more natural.
Since I only have fish so far what is an acceptable level of nitrate? I’ve been keeping less than 10

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I only have fish so far what is an acceptable level of nitrate? I’ve been keeping less than 10

that question has many answers, generally under 20 is a good target, if you go for sps then under 10 would be good but many tanks run much higher and some lower but that is a good starting point, under 10:is lowish especially with just fish, no issue keeping it there but not if it means not feeding the fish well and dosing vibrant etc as going a little higher would be no issue.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back